The latest and greatest news, speeches, transcripts, videos, archives, propaganda and information about Prime Minister Stephen Harper of the Harper Government, not to be confused with the former Canadian Government. Please feel free to add contributions and relevant information as a comment below or contact us to submit content!
Harper Regime Overview:
Harper Regime Ministry (Decoys):
Harper Regime Loyalists (Patsies):
Harper Regime Advisers (Oz):
Harper Regime Allies (Foot Soldiers):
Harper Regime Adversaries (Opposition Rebels):
Harper Regime Victims (Collateral Damage):
Stephen Harper – The Speeches
- Stephen Harper 1997 Council for National Policy Speech:
- Stephen Harper June 2003 address to Civitas:
- Transcript of Stephen Harper’s address to the House of Commons on March 20, 2003
- The Empire Club of Canada Address: Ending the Culture of Entitlement by Stephen Harper on November 08 2005
- Stephen Harper 2012 Davos World Economic Forum Speech:
Stephen Harper’s Sandbox:
500-page dossier of Stephen Harper’s most controversial comments on everything from ideology and abortion to his real thoughts on providing for the poor and imperialism:
Top 10 Conservative Party scandals (pre-majority): “https://dumpharper.wordpress.com/2011/03/13/top-10-conservative-party-scandals/
Stephen Harper’s – List of plagiarism incidents
Further information: Canadian federal election, 2008#Speech plagiarism
On September 30, 2008 in Canada, a top campaign official of Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s Conservative Party, Owen Lippert, admitted that he plagiarized a speech written on March 20, 2003 for then opposition leader Harper regarding the Party’s support for the Iraq War; the speech was copied almost verbatim from a similar speech made by then Australian Prime Minister John Howard two days earlier. This was after Liberal MP Bob Rae noticed the similarities between the two speeches several weeks before Harper called the election, but the Liberals had to wait for the video of Howard’s speech to be sent. Additionally, the Liberals also accused Harper of the same plagiarism charges for failing to acknowledge that they had been copied. As a result, Lippert resigned.
Three days later, the Liberals accused Harper for plagiarizing another speech, but this time from fellow Conservative and then Ontario Premier Mike Harris. Out of 4956 words, 44 of the words in Harper’s speech, which was written on February 19, 2003 for the House of Commons, is identical to Harris’s speech, which was written on December 4, 2002 for the Montreal Economic Institute. However, it is not known who wrote Harper’s speech, unlike the speech that Harper had plagiarized from Howard.
Stephen Harper’s – Videos
Lies, Lies, Everywhere Harper Lies
- The tell that tells if Mr. Harper is lying http://babelonthebay.com/2012/04/07/the-tell-that-tells-if-mr-harper-is-lying/
- The New Lies From Stephen Harper- Dean Del Mastro Lead Liar & The Cons On Elections Fraud Complaints http://www.zimbio.com/Stephen+Harper/articles/yQ_IgeqvM8I/New+Lies+Stephen+Harper+Dean+Del+Mastro+Lead
- Hypocrite Harper’s False Claims (Lies) http://pundinetwork.blogspot.ca/2012/08/hypocrite-harpers-false-claims-lies.html
- harper and kenney’s refugee healthcare changes are based on lies – and people will die http://www.wmtc.ca/2012/05/harper-and-kenneys-refugee-healthcare.html
- The Holy Harper Trinity- Lies, Distortion and Bullshit http://goan-smee.blogspot.ca/2012/04/holy-harper-trinity.html
- Truth and lies about the Harper government’s “pay equity” legislation http://www.psac-afpc.com/news/2009/issues/200902fsb-e.shtml
- Stephen Harper’s Big Lie http://puzzledcat.blogspot.ca/2011/03/stephen-harpers-big-lie.html
- Harper’s lies about “fixed elections” http://ddriver.wordpress.com/2008/09/06/harpers-lies-about-fixed-elections/
- Stockwell Day and Stephen Harper Lies, Lies and More Lies http://pushedleft.blogspot.ca/2009/08/stockwell-day-and-stephen-harper-lies.html
- “LIES THAT STEPHEN HARPER TOLD US” http://buckdogpolitics.blogspot.ca/2008/09/lies-that-stephen-harper-told-us_07.html
- Stephen Harper: Secrets & Lieshttp://ecosanity.org/blogsanity/stephen-harper-secrets-lies
- Evan Solomon’s Explosive Interview Demonstrating Harper Lies http://politicsanditsdiscontents.blogspot.ca/2011/03/evan-solomons-explosive-interview.html
- Harper’s Priorities and Pathological Lies | Politicol News: http://www.politicolnews.com/jets-or-health-care-for-harper/
- Lies » Stephen Harper Watch http://www.harper-watch.ca/tag/lies/
- Harper Lies Exposed: Afghanistan ‘Mission’ to Exceed 2011 Withdrawal “Deadline” http://www.pacificfreepress.com/opinion/4862-harper-lies-exposed-afghanistan-mission-to-exceed-2011-withdrawal-qdeadlineq.html
- Harper’s lies are costing Canadian taxpayers $1.4 billion a year. It gets worse. Here http://rabble.ca/babble/national-news/harper%E2%80%99s-lies-are-costing-canadian-taxpayers-14-billion-year-it-gets-worse-here
- The Way It Can Be: Harper Lies Because He Must by Louis Evan Palmer: http://twicb.blogspot.ca/2011/04/harper-lies-because-he-must.html
- Reid and Harper’s Lies, Lies and more Lies http://cyberwanderer.wordpress.com/2008/09/21/reid-and-harpers-lies/
- Stephen Harper Lies to Canada Like Bush does to America http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cc9_1206475056
- Harper’s Lies & Deceit regarding the Canadian Economy
- Hell will Freeze over before this Government tells the Truth http://trustbreaker.blogspot.ca/2009/10/hell-will-freeze-over-before-this.html
- Harper & his LIES on Vimeo http://vimeo.com/1765687
- Harper & his LIES on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V93v103CvNY
- Harper Lies: 37 Days, 37 Lies http://www.pacificfreepress.com/news/1/8530-harper-lies-37-days-37-lies.html
- Stephen Harper Lies – A Compendium of Twisted Truths and Outright Lieshttp://harperlies.blogspot.ca/
- Lies » Stephen Harper Watch: http://www.harper-watch.ca/category/lies/
- “LIES THAT STEPHEN HARPER TOLD US” http://www.bloggingcanadians.ca/NewDemocratBlogs/LIES_THAT_STEPHEN_HARPER_TOLD_US-1/
- Stephen Harpers Broken Promises http://trustbreaker.freehostia.com/
- Little green lies: Prime Minister Harper
and Canada’s environment http://www.ipolitics.ca/2012/02/08/david-boyd-little-green-lies-prime-minister-harper-and-canadas-environment/
- Torture and Harper lies and hides. http://wordylefty.wordpress.com/2008/02/01/torture-and-harper-lies-and-hides-feb-1-2008/
- Exposing More Harper Lies http://politicsanditsdiscontents.blogspot.ca/2012/07/exposing-more-harper-lies.html
- C A I T I – O N L I N E: Lies, Harper lies, and statistics: http://caiti-online.blogspot.ca/2010/08/lies-harper-lies-and-statistics.html
- F-35 Lies by Harper and MacKay | Saskboy’s Abandoned Stuff: http://saskboy.wordpress.com/2012/04/11/f-35-lies-by-harper-and-mackay/
- Following Stephen Harper’s record of lies http://www.canadiancontent.net/commtr/following-stephen-harper-s-record-lies_883.html
- Stephen Harper Controls His Embedded Media Lies to Canada by denying open questions. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=549_1206476044
- Election 2011: Harper’s politics of fear and misdirection won’t work http://www.nupge.ca/content/4184/election-2011-harper-s-politics-fear-and-misdirection-won-t-work
- Did Stephen Harper lie? http://bcinto.blogspot.ca/2006/09/did-stephen-harper-lie.html
- The Rules of Democracy and Harper’s lies about them. http://rabble.ca/babble/canadian-politics/rules-democracy-and-harpers-lies-about-them
- C A I T I – O N L I N E: F35’s: Harper’s latest exercise in Lie. Conceal. Fabricate: http://caiti-online.blogspot.ca/2012/04/f35s-harpers-latest-exercise-in-lie.html
- Harper, The Exaltation of Lies and The Corruption of Parliament: http://thebishopsviews.wordpress.com/2012/05/15/harper-the-exaltation-of-lies-and-the-corruption-of-parliament-4/
- Harper lies « Progressive Bloggers // Blogues progressistes: http://www.progressivebloggers.ca/tag/harper-lies/
- Harper’s lies and broken promises: http://harperslies.blogspot.ca/
- Why Harper’s Lies Matter: http://maxmosher.wordpress.com/2011/04/01/why-harpers-lies-matter/
- Stephen Harper lies during leadership debate: http://www.lilithnews.com/2011/04/stephen-harper-lies-during-leadership.html
- Adolf Hitler. Stephen Harper. The Big Lie. http://www.vivelecanada.ca/article/235930967-adolf-hitler–stephen-harper–the-big-lie
- Security Perimeter: Harper government’s Big Lie To Canadians… And Americans: http://canadianawareness.org/2011/11/security-perimeter-harper-governments-big-lie-to-canadians-and-americans/
Harper speech, a prelude to election lies http://cyberwanderer.wordpress.com/2008/01/29/harper-anniversary-speech/
Unsorted and Miscellaneous
- Canada Denied Seat at the East Asia Summit:
- Canada-U.A.E. nuclear deal touted as example for Iran:
- Conservative MPs can’t comment on closing of Kits Coast Guard base:
- Canada’s puzzling diplomatic stumbling:
- Watchdog group questions MP trip to Guatemala:
- CSIS warns of foreign takeover risks in annual report:
- Canadians oppose CNOOC bid for Nexen, poll finds:
- Low-ball Arctic oil lease earns Opposition scorn:
- Voter suppression revealed: The stealth attack on Canadian democracy:
- Dozens of staffers leave government thousands in overdue credit card bills:
- Opposition MPs back Page in fight with feds over details on $37-billion in cuts:
- Parliamentary Lights – By Winslow Wheeler:
- Canada Next? Oil Money Drives Prices Sky High in Norway:
- RCMP called in after defence union stickers pasted to windows of MacKay’s riding office:
- Election Fraud Update: Conservative MPs seek ‘modest’ 3620 per cent increase:
- Tories ask judge to toss pollster’s evidence in robo-calls court challenge:
- Chris Hedges: Harper is “venal”, U.S. politics is “totally rigged”:
- ‘Boundary of honest disagreement’ crossed by CPC in robocalls: polling expert:
- Tony Clement questioned on toll on public service from cuts, lawyer’s suicide:
- Tories put opposition between rock, hard place on MP pension reform:
- Libyan mission racked up $11M in hotel bills:
- Tories spent $850K celebrating Libya mission:
- No second thoughts about Libya mission: MacKay:
- Peter MacKay’s stated cost of Canada’s Libya mission ‘a political truth,’ DND email says:
- Extremist hate, ‘respectable’ bigotry and the endemic exploitation of migrant workers in Canada:
- Taking Liberties: Canada’s growing torture infrastructure:
- Harper to be honoured as world statesman:
- Stephen Harper’s democracy award a sad joke on Canadians:
- U.S. not ready for Canada’s deficit playbook:
- Is Stephen Harper displaying fascist-like tendencies?:
- Psychopathology in Canadian Politics:
- Stephen Harper: A Psychopath In Power?:
- Conservative Narcissist Decor: Canada’s Prime Minister decorates house entirely with portraits of himself:
- Tories’ Orwellian ‘Assault On Reason’:
- Stephen Harper’s Totalitarian Regime:
- Canada creeps towards becoming a closed society:
- Is this Canada’s last summer?:
- The “Harper Government,” Soft Fascism, Coalitions and ProRep:
- New York Times links Prime Minister Stephen Harper to American far Christian right Over 20 candidates and members of Parliament for the Conservative Party of Canada, including leader Stephen Harper, Justice Critic Vic Toews, Foreign Affairs Critic Stockwell Day and Firearms Critic Garry Breitkreuz, have had on-going links to organizations established under the umbrella of the Council for National Policy (CNP), an American group that the David Kirkpatrick in a New York Times article on August 28, 2004, calls a “club of a few hundred of the most powerful conservatives in the country.” Robert Dreyfuss in the January 28, 2004 edition of the Rolling Stone reports that the CNP — which is not well known in Canada — has “funnelled billions of dollars to right-wing Christian activists.”
- Whether you liked the Chretien/Martin years or not (and there was a lot not to like), it must be stressed that it was the Libbies who prevented the collusion of the “Big Five” banking industry (a move Harper disagreed with at the time) and created a decade’s worth of balanced budgets, while preserving most of the welfare state (the United States, on the other hand, did this and this). Adding more insult to injury, Stevie and Finance Minister Jim Flaherty denied the occurrence of a recession on numerous occasions (Harper has a master’s degree in economics) and it took a threat of a non-confidence vote for them to even pass some sort of a stimulus package.
- Abortion Canada: Stephen Harper Says He’ll Vote Against Private Member’s Bill On Human Definition, The Huffington Post
- Is Stephen Harper the Dear Leader in disguise? – The Globe and Mail Lots of people like him, but maybe they’ve just been brainwashed…
- Stephen Harper 1997 Council for National Policy Speech The text from a speech made by Stephen Harper, then vice-president of the National Citizens Coalition, to a June 1997 Montreal meeting of the Council for National Policy, a right-wing U.S. think tank, and taken from the council's website…
- Tracking the Politics of 'Crime' and Punishment in Canada
- Tories less than honest about honesty act | Vancouver, Canada | Straight.com Shortly after being appointed as Canada’s new environment minister on January 4, John Baird declared to reporters: “Last year, I cleaned up government. This year, I’m going to clean up the environment.”
- Canadian tar sands: Is our neighbor to the north becoming a jingoistic petro-state? – Slate Magazine It’s well known that America’s dependence on foreign oil forces us to partner with some pretty unsavory regimes. Take, for instance, the country that provides by far the largest share of our petroleum imports. Its regime, in thrall to big oil interests, has grown increasingly bellicose, labeling environmental activists “radicals”…
- Canada's Stephen Harper | The New Individualist | The Atlas Society Winter 2011 issue — In January, 1962, in the very first issue of The Objectivist Newsletter, Ayn Rand wrote, “Objectivists are not ‘conservatives.’ We are radicals for capitalism.” More specifically, Rand advocated free-market capitalism, as opposed to crony capitalism under which the politically connected are showered with…
- Stephen Harper – Wikiality, the Truthiness Encyclopedia Stephen Harper is the current Prime Minister of Canada, which makes him irrelevant to U.S. citizens…
- Private prison operators waiting to cash in on Harper policies | National Union of Public and General Employees Tory law and order platform may produce a 'spike' in demand for prison space and add billions to the Canadian corrections budget…
- Opposing oilsands never 'a charitable act,' senator says – Calgary – CBC News A powerful Conservative senator says environmental groups in Canada who accept foreign funds and protest energy projects such as Alberta's oilsands should lose their charitable status…
- The Walrus | October 2006 | "Stephen Harper and the Theo-cons" by Marci McDonald The Walrus is a general interest magazine about Canada and its place in the world, published by the registered non-profit charitable Walrus Foundation.
- The Tyee – Harper's Christian Right Wing
- Canada religious right
- Stephen Harper 2003 speech to Civitas – Google Search
- The Religious Right in Canada
- Serious Conservative Parties Simply Cannot Shy Away From Values Questions
- Stories about Civitas speechfrom Macleans.ca
- Harper Evangelical Mission
- How are US religious fundamentalists any different than Mddle-Eastern ones? Are we to believe that a fundamentalist in a suit is less scary than a fundamentalist in a beard, even if both are spouting hatred against women?
- "Stephen Harper and the Theo-cons" by Marci McDonald
- A Very Scary Harper Story | Cannabis Culture
- The church of Stephen Harper | Macleans.ca – Culture – Lifestyle
- Are Canadian elections being manipulated by George Soros and the American Left?
- The Organization of Denial Conservative Think Tanks and Environmental Scepticism
- Aberhart and Harper on Crusade: Canadian Constitution Foundation and the Federalist Society Attacking Universities
- Andrew Coyne: Question isn’t where conservatism is going, but where has it gone And now, we are told, we are about to see unveiled a “breath-taking” budget that will finally begin the turn towards smaller government; that, having increased spending by nearly $70-billion since taking office, you might cut as much as $8-billion from it; that the conservatism you largely abandoned over the last eight years can be reconstructed in the course of an afternoon.
- Harper’s Canada: Fact sheets exploring Conservative government policy | The Vancouver Observer To help Canadians understand what’s been going on in our federal government, here’s your guide to our series of cheat sheets on today’s Conservative politics.
- Brace yourself Harper Conservatives revolution hand
- STEPHEN HARPER'S ILLUSIONS The leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro, said in his latest written reflections that the Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and the US President Barack Obama should be questioned about what position will they assume towards the Malvinas issue in the upcoming Americas Summit.
- Tony Clement should Resign – EthicalOil-Gate | The "JLS" Report Tony Clements already is known for his highly unethical abuse of office, previously he was the man behind the G8 slush fund and now he is the man behind UnethicalOil.
- How Ottawa runs on oil – Canada – Macleans.ca Suddenly Western money and influence are driving everything that happens in the nation's capital
- The Tyee – Saving the Conservative Soul
- STEPHEN HARPER’S WORLD The news is alive today with the fact the Canada’s central government has muzzled scientists from revealing publically what the taxpayers have funded. That is nothing new. In fact it is something very, very old.
- Conservatives: We Track Harpers Craziness! Today, a 500 binder filled with damaging quotes by Stephen Harper (alphabetized by subject) was leaked to the press.
- And if you’re Conservative leader Stephen Harper, perhaps a better job of holding tight to a 500-page dossier of your most controversial comments on everything from abortion to your real thoughts on providing for the poor. Here are parts one, two, and three: http://www.cbc.ca/strombo/show-politics/down-the-stretch-they-come.html
- Stephen Harper's most controversial quotes – News – MSN CA Stephen Harper's most controversial quotes compiled — by Tories – OTTAWA – A 500-page dossier of potentially damaging remarks by Stephen Harper has…
- “Harper outlines priorities of Tory government”.
- “Federal Accountability Act becomes law”. Prime Minister’s press office. 12 December 2006.
- “Prime Minister Stephen Harper marks GST reduction”. Prime Minister’s press office. 30 June 2007. http://pm.gc.ca/eng/media.asp?id=1230
- “Cutting the GST to five per cent”. Prime Minister’s press office. 31 December 2007.
- “Martin attacks Tory child-care plan in Commons”. CTV.ca News. 4 May 2006.
- “Universal Child Care Benefit”. Human Resources and Skills Development Canada.
- “Child Care Spaces”. Human Resources and Skills Development Canada.
- “Canada’s New Government announces Patient Wait Times Guarantees”. Prime Minister’s Press Office. 4 April 2007.
- “Harper’s five priorities have morphed into five themes”. Montreal Gazette.
- “Early election call won’t break any promises: Harper”. CBC News. 26 August 2008.
- “New 9/11 memorial marks sombre day in U.S.”. CBC.ca 10 September 2011.
- “2 NDP MPs back final Commons vote to kill gun registry”. CBC News. 16 February 2012.
- “Vic Toews accuses bill’s opponents of siding with child pornographers”. The Star (Toronto). 13 February 2012.
- “Online surveillance critics accused of supporting child porn”. CBC News. 13 February 2012.
- “Police officials support Bill C-30, civil liberties group disagree”. The Province.
- “More than a dozen ridings blitzed by harassing fake Liberal phone calls in 2011 election”. Ottawa Citizen.
- “Elections Canada investigating ‘robocalls’ that misled voters”. Ottawa Citizen.
- “Harper and McGuinty called Quebec’s bluff”. The Star (Toronto).
- “Search”. The Globe and Mail (Toronto)
- “Tax cuts pass easily as Liberals abstain”. Globe and Mail (Toronto).
- “Liberals abstain, Harper government survives budget vote”. National Post.
- Strike ban proposal ‘atrocious,’ unions say The two largest unions of federal workers are incensed over the government’s plan to suspend their right to strike, roll back some negotiated salaries and cap future wage increases, moves they say will poison labour relations for years to come.
- “Harper appoints 9 to Senate”. Toronto Star.
- “Harper files libel suit against Liberals over Cadman statements”. The Canadian Press.
- “Harper, Liberals settle Cadman lawsuit”. National post.
- “Tories tried to sway vote of dying MP, widow alleges”. The Globe and Mail (Toronto).
- “Tories left with lots of lemons to squeeze”. Brandon Sun. Archived from the original on 9 March 2006. http://web.archive.org/web/20060309123436/http://www.brandonsun.com/story.php?story_id=18921
- “Positive Start”. CityNews. Archived from the original on 9 February 2006.
- “Bay Street likes economic ministers”. National Post.
- “Harper to be investigated by ethics commissioner”. CTV.ca News.
- “Harper ‘loath’ to co-operate with ethics commissioner”. CBC News. 3 March 2006.
- “Ethics czar to probe Emerson defection”. Toronto Star. 3 March 2006.
- “Broadbent blasts tactics to remove ethics czar”. CTV News. 9 March 2006.
- “Tories willing to allow vote on floor-crossing”. CTV News. 20 March 2006.
- “Shapiro refuses to probe Stronach defection”. CTV News. 30 March 2006.
- “Canada’s ruling party gets boost”. CNN 17 May 2005./li>
- “Harper says he’s finished with Ottawa press corps”. CBC News. 24 May 2006.
- “It’s official: Tory government no longer new publisher=Canada.com”. 26 October 2007.
- “Tories re-brand government in Stephen Harper’s name”. Globe and Mail. Canadian Press (Toronto).
- Tories shut down ‘groundbreaking’ freshwater research station, The Globe and Mail
- Courtesy of evil atheist Jamie Calder
- Build more prisons!
- Can this Onion Ring get more fans that Stephen Harper?
- American Republicans urged to look north at Stephen Harper campaign for inspiration
- Newt Gingrich: Stephen Harper gets shout-out from Republican hopeful, The Huffington Post
- Reform Party of Canada
- Background: Conservative Party
- Majority backs restoration of ‘Royal’ designations for navy, air force, The Globe and Mail
- British Columbia has since told him to shove that HST back where it came from
- Small change for tighter times, The Globe and Mail
- Flaherty’s tax credits costing Ottawa billions, The Globe and Mail
- Independent reports back up Liberal analyses of Conservative stimulus spending bias
- Statscan settles for incomplete long-form surveys in 2011 census, The Globe and Mail
- A senseless census reform, The Economist
- Ottawa’s GST cut a mistake, The Globe and Mail
- Corporate tax cuts don’t spur growth, analysis reveals as election pledges fly, The Globe and Mail
- Does it matter if our laws are passed illegally?, The Globe and Mail
- Harper Says He’ll Support Israel Even If It Hurts Canada Politically, The Canadian Press
- How the PM’s dig at Mulcair sparked a #HarperHistory lesson, CBC
- Tories on e-snooping: ‘Stand with us or with the child pornographers’, The Globe and Mail
- CSIS may use intelligence derived from torture, Toews says, CBC
- Canadian troops trained by Blackwater without U.S. permission: court document, The Canadian Press
- Tories accused of culture of intimidation, Toronto Star
- Meet the Tory hit list, The Globe and Mail
- StatsCan loses top economic analyst over census, Ottawa Citizen
- Tories accused of digging up dirt on ‘Liberal’ profs, Toronto Star
- Defence industry critic claims he was blacklisted over political views, Toronto Star
- Environment Canada job cuts raise concerns, CBC
- At Copenhagen, Canada takes "Colossal Fossil" distinction for third year in row
- Tory senators kill climate bill passed by House, The Globe and Mail
- ‘Radical groups’ spur Tories to speed pipeline review process, The Globe and Mail
- Canadian government is ‘muzzling its scientists’ BBC
- Canada must free scientists to talk to journalists, Nature
- In reality…
- Watch him get pwned by international politicians on the issue.
- Canada withdraws from Kyoto pact, BBC
- Stephen Harper vs. The Press
- Harper to avoid national media, claiming bias, CTV
- Only 4,000 of the 40,000 redacted documents have been released to the public. Conservative cabinet ministers are downplaying the accusations, yet high-ranking diplomats believe the opposite. So much shit’s been thrown around that nobody knows when we’ll figure out what actually happened.
- $833-million security bill for G20 and G8 called "insane", Toronto Life
- To compare, the price tag for the previous two summits (Pittsburgh and London in 2009) were $48 million combined.
- ‘Embarrassment to the Canadian government’ considered security threat at Toronto G20 summit: documents, National Post
- Economic Action Plan signs could become permanent, The Canadian Press
- Harper gallery leaves MPs speechless, Ottawa Citizen
- Documents show ‘harperization’ of government communications, The Globe and Mail
- Kenney refuses to apologize for fake citizenship broadcast, blames bureaucrats, National Post
- UN rejects water as basic human right
- Harper parties in mining town as Canada keeps asbestos off hazardous list, The Globe and Mail
- Pro-asbestos advocacy group shuts its doors, Montreal Gazette
- Canada’s foreign aid shift from Africa questioned, CTV
- Ottawa shrugs off UN warning on hunger and nutrition, The Globe and Mail
- Amid cries of contempt, Harper backs Bev Oda, The Globe and Mail
- Gazebos and the governing morality, The Globe and Mail
- ‘Desperate’ Tories fire back at MacKay’s critics with Rae’s 1992 chopper ride, The Globe and Mail
- Tories accused of following Tea Partier’s script in new ad, The Globe and Mail
- Costly US fighter under fire from lawmakers, Reuters
- Ottawa’s fighter-jet estimate ‘all hogwash,’ U.S. watchdog warns, The Globe and Mail
- Tories judge evidence of falling rates inadmissible, The Globe and Mail
- Huge price tag for provinces attached to crime bill, The Globe and Mail
- Robocalls linked to Guelph Tory campaign worker’s computer, CBC
- Robocall fallout haunts Tories, Maclean’s
- Scientists, ex-ministers slam federal changes to Fisheries Act
- Budget bill moves on to the Senate for final approval, CBC
- Tory-created parliamentary budget office overstepping its mandate, Baird says, Winnipeg Free Press
- Harper government topples on contempt motion, triggering May election, CTV
- Wikiquote on Stephen Harper
- Harper speech fires up convention crowd, CBC
- Full text of Stephen Harper’s 1997 speech, CTV
- The Harper quotes dossier: a sample, CBC
- 38th Parliament, 1st Session
- Tory tax cut promise dominates campaign Day 3, CTV
- Tories compiled Harper’s most controversial quotes, CBC
- “Our benign dictatorship”
- 39th Parliament, 1st Session
- No more dog days, CBC
- We Don’t Govern on the Basis of Statistics, Skeptic North
- Argh Canada for Speaking Pianist, James O’Callaghan
More coming soon…