Yikes, that’s gotta really hurt, eh? But seriously, we covered this earlier this morning and provided some historical educational material as well. BTW: Who actually takes anything published via Postmedia seriously anyway considering they will go to extreme lengths to censor, scrub and remove any and all truths about Dear Leader Harper and his misfit ReformaCon Regime. Oddly enough, we have been cataloging these Ministry of Truth tactics for several years and believe us when we say, it’s not just Postmedia News or the other so called “right-wing” propaganda outlets, CBC News and the so-called “left-wing” nuts are all the same. Protecting the fear-mongering, war-mongering third rate (at best) Despot is not only job number 1 and it’s the only job in town.
Before we review the latest tweetorama, before you cast your ballot and since the entire thread of tweets is MIA in the “other” articles, start looking at who else has jumped ship ’cause when “lawyers” jump ship, unlike media folks who need a story, it’s goin’ down swiftly and then be sure to check out our archives for lot’s of archived evidence of media manipulation and propaganda in action.
Be sure pay close attention to how many turncoat ReformaCons are lashing out against a CONSERVATIVE! Now, join in and let your views be heard ’round the world…
So anyway… I have resigned as editor of Editorials and Comment for the National Post, effective immediately. I will remain a columnist.
2. Postmedia executives and I had a professional disagreement. Their view was that the publication of a column by the editorial page editor…
3. … dissenting from the Post’s endorsement of the Conservatives would have confused readers and embarrassed the paper.
4. My view was that that was what I was paid to do as a columnist: give my honest opinion on issues of public interest.
5. I don’t see public disagreement as confusing. I see it as honest. Readers, in my view, are adults & understand that adults can disagree.
*6. The confusion, if any, would have been to have left the impression that the paper’s views were mine, or that my views were the paper’s.
7. To be clear, the owners and managers of a newspaper have a perfect right to set the paper’s editorial line as they wish.
8. Likewise they have a perfect right to decide who and what they wish to publish in their pages.
9. Nobody has a God-given right to be published and the country will get along very well without me telling them how to vote.
10. My concerns were and are merely a) that there should be no suggestion that I was personally endorsing or voting for the Conservatives.
11. And b) that I could not do my job as a columnist if I was obliged to stay silent where these conflicted with those of management.
12. While Postmedia’s intervention was unprecedented in my experience, I could not allow the precedent to stand.
13. So to protect my reputation and to preserve my editorial freedom as a columnist, I felt it necessary to resign the editorial position.
14. I think that’s all I need to say on the subject. If anyone’s still interested, I will be voting for the NDP candidate in my riding.
15. The short-form reasoning: the Conservatives don’t deserve to be re-elected, and the Liberals don’t deserve a majority.
Finally, my prediction: Airheads 143 Fascists 116 Commies 71 Traitors 5 Ewoks 2 Unabombers 1 (#rathagainstthemachine – oh let me dream…).
Remember, politics is a contact sport, like hockey, so please feel free to add quick contributions, observations and relevant information as a comment below!
Contact us if you would like to contribute to our collaborative efforts or would like to share/submit articles, data or additional content, feel free to add feedback, additional info, alternative contact details, related links, articles, anonymous submission, etc. as a comment below, via web-form, through social media outlets or email us directly and confidentially at: dumpharper [at] live [dot] ca
- Share: https://dumpharper.wordpress.com/
- Follow: https://twitter.com/opHarper
- Join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dumpharper/
- Like: https://www.facebook.com/DumpHarper
- Read: http://paper.li/opHarper/1330339678
- Watch: https://www.youtube.com/user/opharper
This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. and intend its use to be for education and instructional purposes only. Therefore, we believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond “fair use,” you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
ShareAlike Statement: https://dumpharper.wordpress.com/sharealike/